This question comes a lot about changing or customizing the error message when a user doesn't have access to a specific PDF file. The default message Appears as:
You do not have permission to view this file, please contact us if you think this was by a mistake.
Go To Homepage
On this article, I am going to show you a quick workaround for changing this text. You'll need to install a free plugin for this. So, Here are the steps:
- Search and install a plugin called Gettext override translations & activate the plugin. Direct link here.
- Go to Plugins > Gettext override translations
- Add the text overrides on this page and save settings.
- The image below provides more specific details on exactly which string you should use to replace.
- This should change the text for you.
Here's an example:
I hope it helps. Please feel free to create a support ticket if you need additional information.