You can set options in the global settings page after activating PDF Viewer for WordPress. Navigate to PDF Viewer > Global Settings Menu to get started.
1. General Settings
There are a few settings on the General Settings tab of Global Settings. Navigate to the General Settings tab.
- Logo: This logo will be used on the top right side of the viewer. You can control logo visibility in the toolbar setting section globally or in each viewer section as well. The recommended maximum height for this logo is 20px
- Favicon: This is the shortcut icon/favicon that will be used on the viewer pages.
- Fullscreen Link Text: When you use [pvfw-embed] shortcode or use automatic iframe options, a link on top of the viewer appears with a link to open the specific viewer on fullscreen mode. This text will be used as anchor text for that link.
- Return to Site Link Text: When you're on the fullscreen view of any viewer, there's a button appears on the bottom right corner to return to the previous page. This text will be used as anchor text for that link.
- Google Analytics ID: If you want to track your users using Google Analytics, you can add the analytics ID for the site on this field. This code will be used on viewer pages only.
- iFrame Responsive Fix: This option adds a simple line of css on the frontend to resize iframe width based on device size.
2. Appearance Settings
- Select Theme or Color: The first option on the appearance page is to select either you want to use one of the built-in themes or create one using your favorite colors.
- If you've selected Theme, a new field will appear at the bottom for you to select the theme. Select any of the theme there.
- If you choose Custom color option, you'll be provided with a few more fields for selecting your primary, secondary and text colors. And then another field for selecting icon color.
- Primary color is used on almost on the whole viewer and top bar background
- Secondary color is used on left toggle sidebar background
- Text color is used for all the toolbar text
- Icon: There are 2 types of icon, white and black. Selecting light will use white icons and selecting dark will use black icons.
3. Toolbar Settings
- Default Scroll: If you want top use Flipbook mode by default, you can choose FLIP option on this setting. Other available settings are vertical, horizontal and wrapped scrolling.
- Default Spread: This setting controls the spread of pages. You can choose from No spreads, Even Spreads and Odd Spread.
- Viewer Language: There are more than 100 languages available for the viewer, you can select your preferred viewer language on this setting.
- Toolbar Elements Visibility: This section lists all the toolbar elements and let's you either display or hide the specific toolbar elements globally. You can overwrite this for specific viewers as well.
4. Advanced Settings
- ThemeNcode PDF Viewer Page: PDF Viewer for WordPress creates 2 pages when activated. This setting should have ThemeNcode PDF Viewer [Do not Delete] page selected here. Do not change it to any other page as it will break the viewers, especially the viewers that are created using old shortcodes or automatic options will stop working.
- ThemeNcode PDF Viewer SC Page: PDF Viewer for WordPress creates 2 pages when activated. This setting should have ThemeNcode PDF Viewer SC [Do not Delete] page selected here. Do not change it to any other page as it will break the viewers, especially the viewers that are created using old shortcodes will stop working.
- Context Menu/Right Click on Viewer Pages: This setting allows you to disable right clicks on viewer pages.
- Text Copying (ctrl+c) keyboard shortcut: This setting allows you to prevent the use of ctrl+c or cmd + c on viewer pages. If you want to protect PDF content from copying, this setting is for you.
5. Custom CSS/JS
- Custom CSS: You can use custom css code here. The css you provide here will be used only on viewer pages. start writing custom css right away.
We've listed available addons and integrations with PDF Viewer for WordPress here for you to easily find out.
This page allows you to import and export the settings of Global Settings page. This is useful if you need to copy the settings to other sites.